Wednesday, July 4, 2007

work in progress

It's been 3 days since I've written a blog and that's due to a few reasons.

Firstly on monday I was sick as a dog. The doctor said I caught some infection from the food I ate at the wedding on Sunday night. He gave me some drugs, told me to stay away from alcohol, dairy products, meat and fruit. Instead I was put on a diet of water with sugar and salt, dry toast with balck tea, soup for lunch and light yellow dahl for dinner....sounds delcious doesn't it??

Following doctors orders does pay off. The next day I was right as rain...and exactly that happened. It rained and rained and hasn't stopped raining for the past few days. It's a blessing though as it cools things down from around 40 degrees to 32. Plus it helps when you are running around the palace working all day. And there's been plenty of that going too.


I haven't had much time to step out of "P" world (that's Palace world) and into the real India. But the times that I have I've been met with bad urine smells, lingering cows, friendly locals and the cutest kids you could ever imagine.


Today Lynne and I pretty much finished all our work with the Palace people. The music is complete, the scripts are waiting to be approved, studio in Delhi is all booked and so are the flights.



Late afternoon we headed into India and did some last minute shopping. I bought some cool cooking utensils for my Indian dinners which I can't wait to use.



Tomorrow afternoon we fly out to Delhi to begin the recording and finish off some interviews. I won't admit this to Lynne but I'll be sad to leave Udaipur tomorrow....it really is a cool place.






No comments: