Saturday, June 30, 2007

my work begins...

Woke up to a reasonably hot 40 degree day. It's not a good feeling waking up to the heat with a slight hangover. I couldn't believe we polished a litre of Smirnoff last night. I can't see my self doing that again....although it was our welcoming party so it was just a one of thing.

At 10am Lynne and I headed up to the palace to meet Shriji the Maharaja or 'present custodian' of Udaipur (as he likes to call himself). The meeting was held in his palace office. Chandeliers hanging from the tallest ceilings you've ever scene. The meeting went really well as Shriji was most impressed with Lynne's work - which always makes my job really easy.


In the afternoon Lynne used Shannon and I as her guinea pig. With Lynne as our guide we went on a test run of the audio tour. By the afternoon the sun was beaming down and we were boiling hot so I was glad to be out of there. The tour was a success and it was obvious that Lynne had spent 4 hard working weeks perfecting the tour. I especially loved the main courtyard called Amar Vilas. I'll have to go back and photograph it, as it truly is stunning.

Later that afternoon the wedding festivities were in full force
with more music, coloured fruit cocktails and garlands of marigolds. I couldn't resist the kodak moment!

In the evening I went for a little stroll through the main town at sunset and couldn't resist some bargain shopping at my favourite tailors in Udaipur.


I think the owner should franchise his business on Oxford Street!!!







It was my name day today - St Peter & Paul's. So we thought we'd be a little adventurous with dinner and order tandoori chicken. But after a mouthfull we decided to stick to our original plan of being vegetarian. Our bbq panner, mixed dahl, rice and salad was delicious!!

No comments: